The Administrative Assistant is responsible for providing administrative and reception support to the SSAIC team including the Executive Director. We are seeking an individual who thrives working as a member of a compassionate team that provides support to individuals who have experienced trauma.
The position requires:
- Business Administration Certificate and/or the equivalent skills and knowledge gained from related experience and training; and
- Three years of administrative experience is an asset including experience with filing, data entry, and reception functions, as well as MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, MS Access and web-based systems, such as Google Workspace.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Ability to problem solve and address issues with internal and external service providers in a respectful manner while clearly communicating the agencies needs and expectations
- Demonstrated working knowledge of the operation and maintenance of computer and office equipment
- Demonstrated knowledge of computer and web-based systems and software including Microsoft Office Suite and web-based systems such as Google
- Knowledge of the operation and administration of a non-profit counselling-based office is an asset
- Ability to provide compassionate and caring reception support to high-need/crisis clients who have experienced trauma
- Ability to deal with interruptions while providing accurate and complete documentation support in a timely manner
- Ability to manage many diverse duties while demonstrating flexibility, efficiency and sound judgment in the prioritization and completion of tasks
- Ability to act independently and initiate and organize systems and spaces for maximum efficiencies
- Demonstrated ability and interest in working as part of a team in working collaboratively toward shared goals
- Demonstrated ability to ensure confidentiality of all sensitive materials and information
An acceptable Criminal Record Check with a vulnerable sector search and proof or required degree is a requirement of this position. Ability to comply with the Covid19 Proof of Vaccine or Test Policy is a condition of employment.
This is an in-scope position with salary grid as per scale.
Starting Salary is $19.60 per hour.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including, but not limited, to a pension plan with contributions matched by employer, dental/eye/prescription drug coverage and EFAP.
Our office is located in the YWCA building which downtown and next to the beautiful Kinsmen park. There is a daycare and a gym onsite.
Start Date: As soon as possible
How to Apply: Applicants should send an email outlining how they meet the specific requirements of this position to firstname.lastname@example.org by the closing date, which is 5:00 pm on Wednesday, November 9th.