SSAIC provides 8 week sessions of Closed Groups to survivors of sexualized violence. On a rotating basis, we offer Closed Groups for men, women, and teens. We also offer a trauma-informed yoga group in this rotation.
Closed Groups are not available on a walk-in basis; group members must be referred by their counsellor at SSAIC before attending. All SSAIC services are free of charge. Please talk to your counsellor or call the office to inquire about upcoming Closed Groups.
Closed Group topics can include learning about trauma, triggers, anger, boundaries, and self-care.
SSAIC’s group guidelines are:
Confidentiality & Anonymity
- What is said in this room, stays in this room
- I can share my story in group and outside of group, but no one else’s
- If I meet you outside of group, I won’t identify that I know you or how I know you
- If I need to talk about something that is bothering me during group, I can talk to one of the facilitators after group
- Having contact with women outside of group is my choice, but I will always remember group confidentiality
- I will listen with respect
- I will be respectful of others, including their viewpoints, choices, and different life experiences
- I will be mindful of creating space and time, so all who choose to speak can speak – it is important to be heard
- I will be responsible for my own style and degree of participation
- I will turn my cell phone OFF during group (if I’m expecting an important call, I may keep my phone on and will inform others that my phone may be ringing)
- Please ask to touch someone before you do – I won’t assume that someone else wants what I want
- It is okay to say “YES” or “NO” to touch
- I will be respectful of other group member’s boundaries
- I will honor my safety needs by doing what I need to in order to be comfortable
- It is okay to laugh, cry, have feelings, take a break, get a drink, or leave the room
- I can check in with facilitators if I need to after group
- Facilitators may check in with me if I seem uncomfortable
Please contact SSAIC for information on Closed Group times and dates at 306-244-2294 or firstname.lastname@example.org.