Our services are free and confidential; we put your needs first.
SSAIC offers individual and group counselling services to survivors of sexual abuse/assault in Saskatoon and surrounding area, and a limited number of sessions for family, friends, spouses, or other supporters of people who have been victimized.
If you are in the midst of a mental health emergency, connect with our 24-Hour Crisis Line for support, next steps, and appropriate referrals.
All genders, races, religions, and romantic orientations are welcome at SSAIC. For the safety of our clientele, we do not serve perpetrators of sexual violence. We serve:
- Anyone 12 years of age or older who has been sexually abused or assaulted, regardless of whether this occurred in childhood, last night, or many years ago
- Parents of survivors of sexualized violence
- Individuals who have been affected by the sexualized violence of family, friends, and loved ones
- LGBTQ2S survivors of sexualized violence
- Adult survivors of childhood sexual abuse
- Male identified folks who are survivors of sexualized violence in childhood or as an adult
Residential School & Inter-generational Trauma
We recognize that the legacy of the Canadian Residential School System has left a legacy of inter-generational trauma. There is a national, toll-free 24-hour crisis line for Indian Residential School Survivor Support that you can call, and of course our crisis line and counselling services are also available.
Hope for Wellness offers immediate mental health counselling and crisis intervention to all Indigenous peoples across Canada; you can request phone support in Cree, Ojibway, and Inuktitut languages.
Refer a friend or loved one
If you are on this page looking for information on behalf of a friend or loved one, you can refer them to SSAIC.