We are seeking a part-time Administrative Assistant (20-26 hours/week negotiable) to provide administrative and reception support to the SSAIC team including the Executive Director.
The position requires:
- Business Administration Certificate, three years of administrative experience or the equivalent skills and knowledge gained from related experience and training.
- Experience with MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, Microsoft Office Suite, Gmail, Google Calendar and Google Drive. Experience with filing, data entry, and reception functions.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Ability to problem solve and address issues with internal and external service providers in a respectful manner while clearly communicating the agencies needs and expectations;
- Demonstrated working knowledge of the operation and maintenance of computer and office equipment;
- Demonstrated knowledge of computer and web-based systems and software including Microsoft Office Suite and Google workspace;
- Knowledge of the operation and administration of a non-profit counselling-based office is an asset;
- Ability to provide compassionate and caring reception support to high-need/crisis clients who have experienced trauma;
- Ability to deal with interruptions while providing accurate and complete documentation support in a timely manner;
- Ability to manage many diverse duties while demonstrating flexibility, efficiency and sound judgment in the prioritization and completion of tasks;
- Ability to act independently and initiate and organize systems and spaces for maximum efficiencies;
- Demonstrated ability and interest in working as part of a team and working collaboratively towards shared goals;
- Demonstrated ability to ensure confidentiality of all sensitive materials and information.
How to apply:
Applicants should send their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by the closing date, which is Monday, May 30, 2022.
An acceptable Criminal Record Check with a vulnerable sector search is a requirement of this position.